Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On to Mary Jane!!!

"Don't give up and just breathe"...
I had to practically chant this phrase over and over just to complete these shoes. With the giraffe it was not the end of the world if you missed a stitch here and there, but with the MJ's and Loafers missing one stitch meant ones toes growing out the side of their foot. I maybe started over on one Mary Jane 10 times and the other 15 times... I don't even want to talk about the loafers!
Don't get me wrong, I had a great time making both pairs of shoes and I learned that marking each round with a safety pin helps tremendously to stay on track (I took extra caution and left a marker two rounds back, just in case I needed to go back a step...or two).

Here are a few pics...



Results are clearly those of a beginner... with plenty of room for improvement!

It's funny how things you do for fun turn into paying jobs...My very first customer has requested a giraffe for a baby boy. I am so excited to get started.

I will be trying new patterns very soon, if you like what you see, I would love to make one for you!

Have any suggestions?


Until next time,
Jcraw

2 comments:

  1. Congratz on the paying gig! Awesome. The shoe pics next to the watermelon canisters? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom, I knew you would like the Watermelon pic. I had to get the scale of the shoe just right! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete